Covid 19 Coronavirus, without doubt, is a global crisis that has, and will continue to impact millions of lives for a long time. Our world has been turned upside down, but to this crisis there are incredible opportunities. The Chinese characters for the word ‘crisis’ signify both ‘danger’ and ‘opportunity,’ so let’s give this some consideration:
- Fitness – I’ve seen dogs being walked that haven’t seen the light of day for a VERY long time! (The sort of dog that has not gone much further than their back yard). More walking, more new joggers, and online workouts for kids have been a huge hit.
- Innovation – How do we meet when we can’t meet? How do we do business? How do we communicate our product/our encouragement/our brand effectively? Technology is such an incredible blessing for us right now. There are so many different platforms and software to help us connect and move forward.
- Creativity – We are trying new recipes, decorating our homes, getting the garden sorted, renovating that old coffee table, fixing that bike, getting those small chores done that we have put off for a while.
- Dreaming. Not just longing for the day when all this is over and we can get back to ‘normal’ but thinking and planning and dreaming about things that we could do and places we could go one day. We must never stop dreaming.
- New things. Have you read a new book? Embarked on learning a new language? Made new friends? Have you discovered a new hobby? Played a new instrument?
- Slower pace of life. We have been given the gift of time, to rest and relax and replenish. Maybe we needed this more than we realised. Nature needed the rest and maybe we did too.
The Covid 19 pandemic is causing widespread distress and loss. But in it all, we can see great opportunity. Maybe we can discover this for ourselves.